One of the most important decisions you have to make when building or remodeling a home is what type of energy to use. Each type of fuel has its own list of benefits and drawbacks, however, some fuels have more benefits than others and can be a better choice for powering your home. For instance, natural gas has a variety of benefits over oil. If you are interested in converting your home’s fuel source from oil to natural gas, Meade HVAC can help.
Benefits of Oil to Gas Conversions
- Environmentally Friendly – Converting from oil to gas energy helps protect the environment. Gas burns cleaner than oil and reduces emissions that deplete the ozone layer. It also lessens the chance of aggravating asthma or respiratory systems.
- Multiple Uses – Natural gas can be used for a variety of different appliances in your home, including heating and cooling systems, fireplaces, stoves, dryers or even swimming pools.
- Affordable and Cost Effective – On average, natural gas is less expensive than electricity, oil or propane. We are able to achieve in excess of 95% efficiency with many gas furnaces, where oil is typically 80-83% efficient. Even on 80% efficient gas furnaces, on average they cost less to operate than an 80% efficient oil furnace.
- Reliable and Convenient – Gas is a cleaner fuel, reducing the likelihood of fuel source related failures. Service calls on oil equipment is often related to impurities in the fuel causing a clog or improper operation. With oil systems, you constantly have to worry about making sure your tank has oil and have to consistently schedule deliveries. Natural gas is piped directly to your home, so it is always there when you need it. No longer will harsh weather delay the delivery of fuel!
- Safe – Natural gas is one of the safest energies available. Unlike oil, natural gas does not need to be stored in a tank or transported by truck. Oil spills are a relatively frequent occurrence and they contaminate the environment. Oil spills are costly and difficult to clean up. Many customers have aging oil tanks. When these tanks leak inside your home, the damage can be unimaginable. Leaks or spills can sometimes require the Department of Environmental Protection to get involved. Underground tanks can leak and create damage costing tens of thousands of dollars. Natural gas furnaces have many safety systems employed to make the systems incredibly safe.
Contact Us to Get Started
The conversion process is fairly simple. Start by contacting Meade HVAC today!
Quality Gas Conversions Near Berks County
Considering making the switch from oil to natural gas? Contact Meade HVAC to learn more or schedule an appointment. One of our knowledgeable technicians can help you make the best choices for your home and budget.
Let’s Get Started!
Fill out the form below and let us know about what services you are interested in. We’ll get back to you promptly to answer any questions or schedule service.